Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pitched Roofs under a Starry Sky

I started this rug for my daughter and her husband in June and finished it the last week in July. It is 2 feet x 6 feet and they are going to hang it over the stairs as you come in the side door of their house. It's a Deanne Fitzpatrick design which I enlarged a lot. The hardest part was the rug was so heavy towards the end that it was hard to turn the frame without it falling over or catching on something.  I  used wool, ribbon and yarns on linen and finished with rug binding tape.  I enjoyed hooking it but glad it's done.


They wanted a more Van Gogh type of sky, so I added a moon and made the sky swirls brighter. I also didn't take a photo of the rug when it was finished but will do that when they get it on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment