I finished my lion rug last December 2010. I had a lot of fun hooking this antique adaptation. I decided to crochet around the edges since I had never done that before. I used 36" long strips of 8 cut wool. It went pretty fast but the time consuming part was weaving in the ends of the wool after I finished crocheting it. I don't know if I will finish a rug this way again. Oh, I rolled the linen to the front, twice, pinned and basted it down before I crocheted it. It looks nice and not very noticeable since I used one of the background wools to crochet it. The size is 28" x 44" and I used sizes 6 through 9 cut wool on Monks cloth. Another antique rug adaptation to follow. I'm on a roll.